- Check breaker and fuses.
- Check to see if neighbors have lights.
- Call Cornhusker Public Power District at (402) 564-2821 or 1-800-955-2773
If the lines are busy, please be patient. Others may be calling to report outages. If the power outage involves several customers, we may call you to verify that your electric service is restored, providing you have reported the outage to us. Please call us if you see anything out of the ordinary, such as tree limbs on the line, downed wires, or wires off the pole.
When calling to report a problem, please have the following information available to assist our linemen in quickly correcting the problem.
- Your name
- Meter number
- Brief report of problem
- Phone number
Stay Away From Power Lines
Power lines can be dangerous! Consider any downed power line as extremely dangerous. Don’t ever go near a downed line and don’t let anyone else near them. Period. Report downed lines at once to Cornhusker Public Power District at (402) 564-2821 or 1-800-955-2773.
Text alert sign-up
Customers wanting to receive text alert notifications of district-wide outages sign-up by using this link.
You should have an emergency kit ready to go. The kit should have flashlights, a radio, batteries, nonperishable food, water, medicines, and extra blankets.
Warning! If you use a standby generator during power outages, remember that improper generator hookup can create serious problems in safety and service. It is very important that your generator have a double-throw switch. This switching device is used to transfer the electric service from the power line to the generator. If it is not used, feedback from the generator voltage on power lines could endanger the lives of line crews working to restore your power.
Through rain and wind and snow and ice, Cornhusker Public Power District strives to keep the power on for every home, farm, and business in our community. Weather conditions can cause our customers to lose power.
During An Outage
Cornhusker Public Power District works as quickly as possible to get the lights back on.
Cornhusker Public Power District’s outage restoration policy is to make repairs that will restore service to the most people in the least amount of time.
To report an outage, call 1-800-955-2773
402 564 2821
During an Outage
- Turn off all the major appliances in your home, especially the heat pump. This will prevent damage to the appliances once the power is restored. Then, try not to turn everything back on at once; turn on appliances gradually so the electric demand does not jump suddenly.
- Make sure the oven and stove are off to prevent fires if the power comes back on while you’re away. Do not set dishes, towels, or paper on the stove; these may catch on fire if a burner is on when the power comes on.
- Leave the freezer and refrigerator closed so food will stay cold longer.
- Never touch downed power lines or attempt to remove trees from power lines. Contact with live lines may result in serious injury or death. Let qualified Cornhusker Public Power District crews handle the clearing and repair work. Please report downed power lines immediately by calling 1-800-955-2773.
- Call Cornhusker Public Power District at 402-564-2821 or 1-800-955-2773.